I used a current jacket I have in boiled Merino from Lucy Laws. I cut the pieces, but made the back and front longer by about 3inches. I do love the current jacket, but wanted this one to be different. Then I used very modern sewing techniques to whizz this up over 2 days. The edges are only overlocked, and the overlocker has been very busy with facings etc. I made an asymetrical front.
I am particularly pleased with the zip closure, even tho the zip is brown (no black open ended zips available in my local shop), it seems to add some interest. And I love the fact that the collar stands up, the facing helps it to do that.
The fabric came from here