I have been knitting this amazing Cleckheaton bolero pattern. I checked my tension (I am 26 rows and 20 stchs over 10cm, the pattern called for 30rows and 22 stchs over 10cm), I thought, a bit tighter won't matter too much. I knitted the size 16-18 (you, know, because usually I am an 18). And, wow, all I got was a huge jackety thing. I started to knit the lace to go round it, but actually had to stop and take a long hard look.
I have measured it out, and I am going to have to knit mostly the Small size! really! 8-10. Sounds good to me.
And I am cutting 14 stitches off the width of the sleeves, because even the small size started at 50 stitches...
It's been a real disaster really, and now unpicking starts *sigh*.
I did consider felting it in the drier, or putting it through the overlocker, but no....unpicking it is :-( It's such a beautiful 100% merino, in such a lovely colour, I didn't want to ruin it.