Kale seeds, collected from plants gone to seed in summer, are just sprouting in a tray in the laundry. I have collected peas for planting, and I have broad beans left over from last year which I am hoping will still be viable.
Any time soonish is time to put them in!
Other jobs going on in my garden -
- I pulled out all raspberry canes that were sprouting everywhere, and cut out all the old canes leaving this year's canes ready for next years fruiting.
- We pulled out all the corn stalks and fed them to the cows
- I have harvested more aubergines and madeup and frozen some Bana Ganouj for dips during the winter.
- I did a big weed session
- I planted cabbage seedlings that had self sprouted in one part of the garden, and put them into tidy, spaced rows. They were from a cabbage that went to seed, and those seeds have come up all by themselves.
- I looked at the leeks that have seeded and wondered if I can plant the sprouted seeds that are in the flowerheads! not sure on that one
- I have prayed over my artichokes that Mark moved, and hoped they will be OK for next year
- I have prepared myself for the big job of tidying, de-runnering, and clearing up the strawberry bed - not done anything yet tho