Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Problems with free motion quilting

I try to quilt, I don't really have a lot of time at the moment - what with the house, the wedding and more!

My sister told me all about "Quilters Gloves" which have grippy bits on the palms and fingers, so that you can  manipulate your quilt easily under the walking foot, or when free motion quilting.  These gloves go for about $16NZ....and you can buy the same thing in Mitre 10 in the Gardening section, for about $2.99!

Well, at my local quilters shop in Rangiora they advised that I buy some tacky placemat stuff, which we would use in our campervan to stop cups rattling about etc, and to cut it into rounds and use those.  The benefit being you don't have to take off gloves etc to change threads, thread needles...

Wow, what a great piece of advice! works brilliantly

1 comment: